Here at Hylee Training, we host a monthly theory night which is free to current clients and $20 for non-clients. The only requirements is you bring yourself and a something to eat! Every theory night is potluck. Theory is a greatw ay to laern about horses without having to ride.
The theory topics cover many areas and can include:
- How to warm up your horse
- Horse Feed
- Getting in Shape for Riding/Equestrian Fitness (tee hee)
- All about Tack – Different types, uses, care, fitting, etc.
- Basic Horse Nutrition & Feeding
- All about Hooves!
- Horse Anatomy & What that means for Performance (Also: What breeds work best for what disciplines?)
- General Horse Health Care (Or Preventative Health Care)
- Horse First Aid
- All About Horse Teeth
- ‘Advanced Grooming’ – Bathing, Trimming, Clipping
- Traveling & Loading
- An Intro to Lunging
- Independent Riding….What it is and how to get the most out of it.
- Into to Jumping – What it is, the different types of jumps, skills needed to start
- Western Night
Our next Theory night can be found on the Hylee Training Facebook page here under events